DEARBORN – The term “halo car” has been applied to countless niche models designed to shine a spotlight on their respective brands. But the ’09 Ford Glass Roof Mustang may the first genuine halo car. It features a structural stamping developed to mitigate the rigidity loss inherent with a large glass roof. “Our pet name for it is the ‘halo assembly,’” says Joel Theut, Ford business development director for Webasto Roof Systems Inc., which is supplying the unique roof for the new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.