NASHVILLE – As Ford Motor Co. enters launch mode for the ’05 Mustang, the auto maker is using last year’s F-150 pickup launch as a model for future success. “We’ve benchmarked internally, as a team, the F-Series launch,” Mustang Chief Engineer Hau Thai-Tang tells Ward’s at an event here to celebrate Mustang’s 40th anniversary. Ford credits ’05 Mustang buzz for a spike in today’s Mustang sales. He says the F-150’s on-time launch has resulted in better-than-expected sales and high ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.