DETROIT – Auto makers pulled in the reins on January production after two consecutive months of overbuilding their schedules, according to estimated output for the month by Ward’s. North American production for January will finish at an estimated 1.334 million units, nearly 45,000 units (3.2%) below the industry’s cumulative schedule for the month (see related data). . This includes mid-month schedule adjustments at Ford Motor Co. Most of the shortfall will be in cars (30,300 units), with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.