Unbelievable demand for new vehicles in North America, and especially the U.S., is leading to another monthly production overbuild in April and may signal production increases for what remains of the second quarter (see complete data p.7). Ward's estimated North American vehicle output for April is 1.516 million units, equal to 101.8% of what manufacturers as a whole had scheduled for the month (see Ward's Automotive Reports — April 12, '99, p.1). Individually, trucks are on tap for a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.