North American capacity utilization for light vehicles declined in the third quarter from like-1999, a Ward's quarterly analysis shows. Nissan Motor Mfg. Corp. U.S.A. soared to the No.1 slot for production efficiency among the Top Six producers, with a third quarter rating of 1.13. It also posted the best capacity utilization rate. Industry capacity utilization was 78.4% in the third quarter, down from the prior quarter's revised 95.3% and like-1999's 83.6%. By country, U.S. capacity ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.