DETROIT -- North American manufacturers are heading for an overbuild in November compared to what was scheduled at the beginning of the month. Depleted inventory of hot-selling vehicles plus the extension of 0% financing programs into next year is becoming a positive for production. See related data--Chart 1 See related data--Chart 2 Furthermore, Nov. 30 inventory still will be low heading into next month, and based on manufacturers’ current output plans for December, there is room ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.