North American manufacturers are on course this month for their first overbuild since November, with an emphasis on trucks, as automakers roll to their any-quarter production on record. Ward's estimates March production in the U.S., Canada and Mexico will total 1.793 million units, or 101.3% of what North American manufacturers had planned heading into the month. March's output will be 5.5% above same-month 1999's 1.700 million units, the best ever on record for the period. Individually, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.