DETROIT – Federal legislation is needed to prevent flood-damaged vehicles from making their way to dealers’ lots and consumers’ driveways, says Jack Kain, chairman of the National Automobile Dealers Assn. “Massive storms like Katrina have a way of showing us exactly where our weaknesses lie,” he says. “And one of our weaknesses, in the largest sector of the U.S. retail economy, is a lack of accurate and timely title information.” Jack Kain That lets illicit salvage handlers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.