MUMBAI – Infrastructure and incentives appear to have been the key drivers in Tata Motors Ltd.’s choice of Gujarat for the new manufacturing home of its groundbreaking Nano entry-level car. TML selected Gujarat as the site of the new Nano plant earlier this week, following a decision to abandon the operation in Singur that had become the focal point of protests in a debate over land use between farmers and state officials. The Gujarat government moved quickly to locate and define some ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.