Navistar International Transportation Corp. will cut 750-800 jobs at its International Truck and Engine Corp. facility in Springfield, OH, effective Sept. 6. The cuts come as a result of Navistar’s decision to cease production of heavy-duty trucks at the plant, which employs about 3,000 people. By year’s end, Navistar also will close the plant’s body shop, which employs about 650 people. Springfield’s medium-duty production line will not be affected. The truck and engine maker, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.