GROSSE POINTE, MI – American Suzuki Motor Corp.’s SX4 subcompact sales have continued to slide in recent months, plummeting 70.3% in June, but an executive says the new ’10 model will put some excitement back in the brand. Gene Brown, vice president-marketing, largely blames the depressed U.S. market for the SX4’s 41% downward trajectory in the year’s first-half. “The overall industry decline is responsible for about 33% of that,” he tells Ward’s during a media event here. Another ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.