VIENNA – Opel Austria Powertrain GmbH, the Austrian arm of the Fiat-GM Powertrain joint venture, has begun prototype assembly of its new M20/32 6-speed transmission. It marks the first time the plant here has become involved in production at the prototype stage. Typically, plant activity would start with pilot-stage assembly. Zafira one of several models slated to get new Austrian 6-speed. “For the first time, the assembly of prototypes is taking place in the gamma phase of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.