Volkswagen AG has driven its leadership position in fuel efficiency and environmental gains another major step forward with the launch of the unique Audi aluminum-bodied A2 4-door, which achieves city/highway fuel economy of 65/87 mpg (3.6L/100 km to 2.7L/100 km) and 79 mpg (3L/100 km) combined. Introduction of the new A2, available in June with the ultra-efficient 1.2L 3-cyl. turbodiesel used in the smaller VW Lupo (see WEVTU — Aug. 15, '00, p.5) coincides with release of a 3-volume ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.