Dana Corp. launches a new axle differential that is claimed to deliver improved torque management for all-wheel-drive vehicles. The company dubs the new design Torque Transfer Technology, or TXT, saying that the design is the first cost-effective in-axle differential for any type of vehicle. Dana says it incorporates an open differential affected by a hydraulically activated clutch system that progressively transfers torque to the non-driving axle. Dana says the unique unit is completely ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.