COPENHAGEN – BMW AG’s 1-Series Coupe, set to arrive in North America next year, is a reincarnation of the marque’s famed 2002 model, sold in the U.S. from 1968-1972, says BMW U.S. Holding Corp. CEO Tom Purves. The 2002 small car, which sold 84,000 units during its 4-year run, built its reputation on its driving dynamics and performance – attributes found in the new 1-Series, he says. “(The 1-Series is) very similar in size to the original 2002, which was a huge success back in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.