BMW AG is expanding production capacity of its U.S. plant in Spartanburg, SC, from 140,000 vehicles to 240,000 annually as part of a strategic realignment that includes a worldwide sales target of more than 1.8 million vehicles by 2012. BMW’s strategic target through to 2020 is equally ambitious, as it aims to raise global sales to more than 2 million vehicles. The German auto maker says plans for the U.S. expansion already are under way. Meanwhile, production capacity at Mini’s Oxford, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.