The introduction of new vehicles to the lineup will allow UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd to increase its share of the Malaysian vehicle market, says Senior General Manager Martin Wee. New models, described as “suitable for the Malaysian market,” will arrive over the next few years, he says, declining to elaborate. The auto maker currently controls 11% of the market, Wee says at the opening this week of a new UMW dealer, Wing Hin Automobile Sdn Bhd in Balakong, Selangor. Wing Hin invested 4.8 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.