DaimlerChrysler AG's new Mercedes-Benz CL500 coupe will have a base price of $85,000 when it goes on sale in the U.S. in December. Mercedes forecasts sales of 2,500 units next year and 3,000 units in 2001. Mercedes says that should give it 3.3% of the U.S. luxury coupe segment in 2001, which is expected to total 91,000 units by then, about 6,000 units ahead of this year's sales. The CL coupe will go against some heavy hitters in the segment, including the Jaguar XK8, BMW 8-Series, Porsche ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.