WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA – The Mazda5 cross/utility vehicle, introduced in 2005 and refreshed for ’08, has become a runaway smash hit for Mazda Motor Corp.’s North American unit, but the auto maker has no plans to localize production of the 6-passenger family hauler. Mazda5 sales surged 44.1% for the year’s first six months to 11,977 units, compared with like-2007, helped along by U.S. buyers downsizing their vehicles in the face of gasoline prices surpassing $4 a gallon. Asked how many ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.