Toyota Motor Corp. unveils its new Corolla XRS at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Assn. (SEMA) show in Las Vegas. The XRS features a newly tuned version of Toyota’s 2ZZ dual-overhead-cam engine and 6-speed manual transmission, currently available in the Celica GT-S and Corolla Matrix XRS. There is also a sport-tuned suspension and steering improvements, says Toyota. The Corolla XRS’s 1.8L DOHC 4-cyl. makes 170 hp and 172 lb.-ft. (233 Nm) of torque. It goes on sale May 1, with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.