Judging from today's almost ceaseless talk about alternative materials, Superman might contemplate changing his nickname. But thanks to ongoing innovations from the steel industry, it appears the “Man of Steel” needn't worry. Two new studies released last month by a consortium of steel companies — the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) — show traditionally “weighty” steel is evolving as a competitive option for designing lighter and safer vehicles. The UltraLight Steel Auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.