NASHVILLE – Pickup trucks are such a big part of Americana that it seems odd to hear a designer of one speak with an English accent. Britain has produced plenty of car designers, but so few pickup designers that you likely could fit them all in the bed of a Dodge Dakota and still have room for a few bags of cement. ’05 Dodge Dakota at Nashville’s NFL football stadium. Yet the chief designer of the ’05 Dakota is British-born Cliff Wilkins, who has worked for DaimlerChrysler AG’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.