CHICAGO — The nation's single largest I/M-240 state vehicle emissions testing program, with 139 dynamometer lanes at 28 stations in Chicago and the part of Illinois close to St. Louis, began operation on Feb. 1, 1999. Although no automotive media were invited, WEVTU learned of the event and attended the program's official media launch at a Chicago facility. The launch was hosted by Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) officials and personnel from test contractor Envirotest. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.