DEARBORN, MI – Expect the’11 Ford Explorer to have similar tow capabilities to that of the outgoing model, even though the latest version is based on a unibody platform. The new Explorer, due out later this year, is shouldered by the same Volvo-derived D-segment platform as the Ford Taurus fullsize sedan. Up to now, body-on-frame SUVs performed better off road and had greater towing capabilities than car-based cross/utility vehicles. But those days are over, says Ali Jammoul, Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.