SEATTLE – Ford Motor Co. is counting on its ’08 Focus to zero in on what it says is a global downsizing trend and grab a greater chunk of the growing small-car sector in North America. “You might say (the atmosphere) of excess might be at a tipping point right now,” Sheryl Connelly, Ford’s global trends and “futuring” manager, says at a media event here to unveil the new car. “There are signals in the marketplace to suggest consumers are (making) purchases with a more balanced, rational, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.