ATLANTA – Toyota Motor Corp. is targeting a 100% sales increase of the third-generation RAV4 cross/utility vehicle, to 135,000 units annually, says James D. Farley Jr., vice president-marketing. That should translate into a market share gain of 4%, he predicts. Production of the ’06 Toyota RAV4 begins in December for the 4-cyl. model at the auto maker’s Tahara, Japan, plant. The building of the 6-cyl. version will begin in January. (See related story: New Toyota Subcompact May Bite Into ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.