SEOUL – When David Lyon graduated from Detroit’s Center for Creative Studies with a degree in transportation design in 1990 the last thing he imagined was being chief creative designer for all of General Motors Corp.’s Asia/Pacific operations. In fact, his father told him he would spend many long years designing ashtrays and that sort of tedious thing, he says. GMDAT (and GM Asia/Pacific) new design chief David Lyon. But GM scooped up Lyon his senior year. He helped design the Alero ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.