General Motors is the perfect example of what it means to be a major player in the global auto industry. The U.S. auto maker’s plan to take over the handpicked assets of South Korea’s bankrupt Daewoo Motors is finally coming to fruition with the official Oct. 17 launch of a new company – GM Daewoo Automotive and Technology. The company has ambitious plans to claim 26% of the South Korean passenger car market by 2005-’06, with the help of new models and the creation of new segments, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.