DETROIT -- The U.S. Dept. of Energy and the auto industry's longstanding U.S. Council for Automotive Research (USCAR) consortium announce here a new, long-term research and development program to speed production of passenger vehicles that operate on hydrogen fuel. The FreedomCar project in essence replaces the Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles (PNGV) program, which was launched by USCAR in 1993 to develop advanced automotive technologies that would enable everyday passenger ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.