PHOENIX – Folks wandering into Toyota Motor Sales showrooms this summer may mistake the all-new ’08 Highlander for a big body-on-frame SUV, given the girth the cross/utility vehicle has added in its second iteration, as well as its boxy styling cues. The new Highlander is nearly 4 ins. (10 cm) longer and 3 ins. (8 cm) wider than the model it replaces, also adding 3 ins. to the wheelbase, moving it toward the Ward’s Large CUV category. Fortunately, the extra weight doesn’t sap the 3.5L ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.