Bayer AG says it cures more than headaches. A few European carmakers are about to test that slogan as they begin trials of new automotive finishes that can be baked at temperatures less than 212°F (100°C). Conventional bake temperatures range up to 320°F (160°C). The cooler-baking finishes are formulated from new polyurethane materials from Bayer that can allow car plants to finish metal vehicle panels and plastic add-ons in the same operation. The new coatings also can solve ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.