Mazda Motor Corp. is confident it will have a serious contender in the cutthroat minivan segment when its all-new MPV minivan goes on sale this summer. Built on a modified 626 platform, the new minivan will be powered by Ford Motor Co.'s Cleveland-built 170-hp Duratec V-6. But unlike the version found in the Contour/Mystique, the Mazda version is actually 46 cu.-cm. smaller, 2,498 vs. 2,544. This apparently was done to get under Japan's tax on V-6 engines with displacements of 2.5L or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.