SAN ANTONIO – How much is 20 horsepower worth to you? In these times of $2-plus gasoline (and even costlier premium-grade), would you value those horses over 30% better fuel economy? Maybe you’re not the penny-pinching type – speed is more your style. Would you take 20 more horsepower in return for getting from 0-60 mph (97 km/h) slower? E320 CDI just $1,000 more than its gasoline-powered counterpart. You’d be myopic to prize 20 horsepower over the ability to travel one-third ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.