MADRID – Adam Opel GmbH has more than 30,000 orders in hand for the new Meriva multipurpose vehicle in Europe, company officials say, more than half the volume expected to move through showrooms this year. Opel is forecasting sales of 50,000 Merivas in Europe for 2010, rising to 130,000 in 2011, the first full year of availability. The sales pace is welcome news in Spain, where the Meriva is built at a General Motors Co. facility in Zaragoza. “The (Zaragoza) plant has sold all its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.