SANTA BARBARA, CA – Invite journalists to test drive the new Lincoln Navigator on narrow, twisty roads in the hills of Southern California? That usually wouldn’t be the intuitive choice to show off the capabilities of a huge SUV that weighs almost 6,000 lbs. (2,718 kg) in full dress. But Ford Motor Co.’s Lincoln Mercury Div. is trying to make a point: Major steering and suspension improvements make the new Navigator handle like a much smaller, more nimble vehicle. Lincoln ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.