It's entirely possible that the re-designed '00 Neon could be the first passenger car of the Millennium, at least in North America. Even though the real cash in the U.S. market is in trucks, the 11 million, global C-class small car market is too large to ignore, says Joe Caddell, general product manager for DaimlerChrysler Corp. small car operations. Even in the U.S. it's 28% of the market, he says. Besides, many Neon buyers either graduate to another DaimlerChrysler vehicle or also own ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.