The newly redesigned Subaru Outback tops the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.’s first round of ’05 crash and rollover ratings. The car-based Outback, classified as an SUV by NHTSA and as an upper middle car by Ward’s segmentation, was the only vehicle of nine tested to earn a 5-star rating for all four seating positions in front- and side-impact crash simulations. Chrysler Group’s 300 sedan and Dodge Magnum wagon were awarded five stars in three of four categories, while the Nissan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.