In an ironic twist, many new vehicles now have dangerous blind spots due to improvements in crash safety, new Australian research claims. NRMA Insurance, part of Insurance Australia Group Ltd., says its Car Blind-Spot Ratings help demonstrate how some vehicle designs result in reduced visibility for drivers, especially at intersections, roundabouts and pedestrian crossings. Testing involved rotating a laser 180 degrees from the driver’s seat to determine where the driver’s line of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.