SAO PAULO – Brazil produced 984,800 vehicles in the year's first half, the National Association of Vehicle Manufacturers, Anfavea, says. The newer plants, built since 1997, now produce half of the nation's vehicles. Brazil's New Plants Company Date Opened Output to Date Honda Oct. 1997 222,700 Toyota Aug. 1998 180,600 Renault Dec. 1998 368,000 VW/Audi Jul. 1999 607,600 GM Jul. 2000 544,820 PSA Feb. 2001 223,980 Ford Sep. 2001 514,960 Nissan Mar. 2002 30,960 The Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.