BIRMINGHAM, AL – Showing up here to drive Porsche AG’s all-new Cayenne, I’m thoroughly prepared to hate it. For the past year, the preferred sport of automotive writers and Porsche faithful has been to trash the Cayenne as a sellout by the deified sportscar maker. Porsche Cayenne Politically correct automotive wisdom says, simply, Porsche has no business getting in the SUV business. Be careful, though, about labeling the ’03 Cayenne an SUV, because it’s certainly no truck – ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.