Suzuki estimates that by raising overtime 5% from current levels, or close to eight hours per month, Kosai could make 580,000 vehicles. At present, plant workers put in 9.5 hours per day, or 1.5 hours of overtime on top of their 8-hour shift, plus one Saturday shift each month. KOSAI, Japan — The structure is 30 years old, so it's difficult to imagine high-efficiency production to rival today's most cutting-edge assembly plants. Yet Suzuki Motor Co. Ltd.'s Kosai assembly plant here, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.