Production of the new generation '01 Chrysler Sebring/Dodge Stratus sedan is officially underway at DaimlerChrysler Corp.'s Sterling Heights (MI) Assembly Plant. SHAP employees celebrated Job 1 July 17, after successfully building 337 pre-production models in the facility equipped to add the Sebring convertible in the fall, without losing any production. “In the endless southbound parade of vehicles, we've brought a vehicle northward from Mexico,” says United Auto Workers Local 1700 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.