STUTTGART — A 4-seat Smart car built on an all-new Mitsubishi Motors Corp. platform will go on sale in 2004. Juergen Hubbert, DaimlerChrysler AG's head of Mercedes-Benz and Smart, confirmed development of the larger Smart, to be built as a right-hand-drive. “We are developing a 4-door, 4-seater model for Smart,” Hubbert says. “And will base the car on a new small Mitsubishi that's due out in 2002.” The new Smart initially was designed by a team lead by Michael Mauer. Hubbert wanted the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.