DaimlerChrysler AG will launch its next-generation Sprinter commercial van in March, 11 years and about 1.3 million global sales since its debut. The auto maker invested €1.8 billion ($2.2 billion) to develop the successor that will continue to be built in Duesseldorf, Germany, as well as in Ludwigsfelde (Brandenburg), Germany. That includes a €550 million ($665 million) expansion of the body and paint shops in Duesseldorf to assemble panel vans and crewbuses. The Ludwisfelde plant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.