SAO PAULO — Luiz Marinho, head of the metal workers' union, whose plan to reduce entry-level car prices and taxes recently was extended another three months, now wants to implement a plan to give special discounts to owners of cars 15-years old or more when purchasing a new car. Marinho hopes the newest plan will guarantee workers' jobs when the current tax program expires on Aug. 26. Marinho, the federal government and the auto industry again are key players in the negotiations. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.