Michelin Group's revolutionary tire and wheel concept has attracted the attention of its rival — and No. 1 tiremaker — Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and the new tire technology is slated to be on U.S. roads within a few years. Michelin has contracts to fit its PAX System (see WEVTU — July 15, '99, p.6) for a European production vehicle within a year and in the U.S. in 2002, according to Don Baldwin, manager for new business development for Michelin's automotive division. He doesn't ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.