General Motors Corp. sales climbed 3.7% in February, aided by consumer demand for ’06 and ’07 fullsize light-duty pickups, plus a late-month 0% financing scheme. Sales of both the new GMT900 and former GMT800 fullsize Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra jumped 26% and 22%, respectively. About 40% of deliveries were for ’07 models. “The 800 half-ton sell-down has gone exceptionally well. Now we’ve turned to the 800 heavy-duty sell-down,” says Paul Ballew, GM executive director-global ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.