Sisal, flax, coconut fiber, cotton and hemp are finding new applications in vehicle exteriors. DaimlerChrysler AG says it will use a natural fiber-enforced engine and transmission cover as standard equipment on the new Mercedes-Benz Travego travel coach. Natural fibers have been working their way into more components over the past 10 years, but had been relegated to the interior (upholstery, door paneling, rear panel shelf). This marks the move to exterior components. Natural fibers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.