General Motors of Canada is expected to make St. Catharines (Ontario) Engine Plant home to its new Electron V-6 in late 2002. Electron is to replace the 3.1L and 3.4L cast-iron block engines considered underpowered and not up to '03 emissions regulations. Electron is an all-aluminum overhead-cam V-6 (see Ward's Automotive Reports — July 31, '00, p.1). GM has given notice it will make a “good news” announcement Wednesday in St. Catharines where about 600 workers remain on indefinite ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.