The third-generation VK45DE V-8 (based loosely on the outstanding “VQ” V-6 engine range) — which launches the new Q from 0 to 60 mph (0 to 97 km/h) in 5.9 seconds — convincingly smashes the V-8 power in the Lexus LS430 (290 hp), Mercedes-Benz E430 (275 hp) and BMW 540i (282 hp). The high output comes largely from the lightweight-internals philosophy of the VQ 6-cyl. engine range; many internal components are either weight-reduced, friction-reduced, or both. Pistons are a lightweight design ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.